Pesto Tortellini & Kale Soup
There are very few dishes that I constantly remake. This hearty soup with tortellini, sausage, beans and kale, is the perfect meal to come home to after a long day. Nothing beats simple and delicious comfort foods.
Pesto Tortellini and Kale Soup
Recipe Type: Mains
Author: Kiano Moju
- 1 cup dried pesto tortellini
- 1/2 pound raw chicken Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 2 cups Tuscan kale, rough chopped
- 1 can white kidney beans
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (I used chardonnay)
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 TSBP olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (optional)
- In a large pot head up olive oil. Brown the sausage. Add in garlic cooking until fragrant.
- Pour in white wine. cook until reduced completely. Then transfer cooked sausage into a bowl, and set aside.
- Add in broth & bring to a boil. Be sure to scrape off any brown bits from the bottom. Before adding your pasta, taste the both. If it’s too bland, add up to 2 chicken bouillon (2 TBSP) to flavor. Add in tortellini and cook for 2 minutes less recommended time on the package, leaving the lid cracked open to let the steam come out.
- Once timer goes off add in the beans, kale & sausage. Remove from heat & let sit covered for 2 minutes.
- Serve into bowls, garnishing with Parmesan cheese.