Smoked Salmon, Poached Egg & Mushroom Tartine
The combination of smoked salmon with a poached egg, the richness from the egg yolk oozing onto fresh sliced baguette with white wine sauteed mushrooms below… yeah you can keep your egg McMuffin.
Smoked Salmon, Poached Egg & Mushrooms w. Baguette
Author: Kiano Moju
- 2 slices smoked salmon
- 2 eggs, poached
- 2 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- french baguette, 4 slices
- 1/4 c white wine
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, plus additional for garnish
- salt & pepper to taste
- Begin the poached eggs.
- To cook the mushrooms, heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add in the garlic until fragrant, then the mushrooms with a pinch of salt. Cook until mushrooms are slightly golden. Pour in white wine, cooking until completely absorbed. Add in fresh thyme leaves and cook for an additional 3 minutes until golden and slightly crisp. Set aside
- Clean off saucepan and return to heat, reducing to medium. Melt the butter & toast slices of french bread until lightly golden.
- Assemble the plates by dividing all the ingredients in half. Starting with the mushrooms, followed by the toasted bread. Top the bread with the poached egg, lightly seasoning with a pinch of salt & fresh cracked pepper. Lay a piece or 2 of smoked salmon on top & garnish with a few thyme leaves.